Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Rome at a Glance -Part 1 (of 3): By Foot and Metro


My sister K took my kid B to Rome this summer! 
B came home with 600+ fabulous photos, which I narrowed down to a couple hundred. And then narrowed down some more. I still couldn't fit them here, so I'm giving you a sampling in three parts.
It takes time to see all the many faces of this ancient city, but it is possible to catch a good glimpse in a few (packed) days, like K and B did. Bring decent walking shoes when you go.

Now just look very carefully and make your own observations. I mean it's Rome!


Narrow street view from hotel





Pantheon














The Federal State Building on Piazza Venezia.
Il Vittoriano, honoring Italy's first king Vittorio Emanuele II.
Climb the stairs -totally worth it to have a closer look at the enormous statues and intricate carvings.











Spanish Steps






 Trevi Fountain - a perfect spot to end your day with a night-time snack




I hope we get to visit, too. After all, it's where all roads lead!






No comments:

Post a Comment